We are delighted to announce will be partnering with Much Better Adventures for our cycling trips in 2016 and 2017. Take a look below to see what we are offering,
Mallorca in a Weekend
Three days of epic cycling, just 1.5 days off work.
Cycling in Mallorca offers a fantastic mixture of rolling roads and stunning Mountain climbs including the world famous Sa Calobra as ridden by Tour de France Winner, Bradley Wiggins.
Mallorca’s all year round warm climate and smooth tarmac makes it the perfect destination for every cyclist.
- Three days fully supported and hosted riding amongst the best roads Mallorca has to offer including Sa Calobra and Puig Major
- Three nights accommodation in a friendly, well located hotel
- Cycle friendly breakfasts every morning
- Evening buffet with a great sections of food every night
- Airport transfers and local support to organise bike hire
Book on to our pre-set shared group trips above. Alternative dates and private trips available.
The Weekend Plan
Escape the city for Mallorca and experience the best that this beautiful Balearic island has to offer on two wheels.
This weekend is thoughtfully designed to get you riding some of the most famous and scenic routes in Mallorca, with expert local hosts and vehicle support. Everything is taken care of by your hosts, so you just need to focus on the riding. All rides are full days out on the bikes, with a few stops for good coffee and lunch.
Day 1 – Thursday. Arrive and get set.
- Be met at the airport for your transfer to the hotel
- Set up your bikes or collect your bike from the nearby bike rental shop
- Head out for a 40km spin to get acclimatised.
- Enjoy your first buffet dinner from ~7.00pm before turning in for a good night’s sleep ahead of an active day.
Day 2 – Friday. Ride to Caimari.
Riding: 100km with 2000m of climbing.
- Enjoy a big fresh breakfast and get ready for a day on the saddle
- We’ll ride up to the village of Caimari, via the Coll de Fememia, stopping at Ruta Verda for a lovely coffee at the foot of the mountains
- Return to base and relax on the sun terrace, with the option of a night cap in town.
Day 3 – Saturday. Ride to Sa Calobra.
Riding: 110km and 2500m of climbing.
- We’ll set off after breakfast (~9.30) and ride to the world-famous Sa Calobra – like a piece of spaghetti thrown on the mountain, this climb does not disappoint.
- Steady ride taking in the breathtaking scenes of the Tramuntana mountain range
Day 4 – Sunday. Last ride and head home.
Riding: 50km and 1250m of climbing.
- After a final breakfast, we will head to the lighthouse – as seen on BBC’s Night Manager, for any Hiddlestonians out there.
- Ride up and down the coastline – some of the smoothest tarmac around – stop for coffee at the lighthouse and roll back.
- When we have finished this last ride we’ll help pack up the bikes and take you to the airport for your flight home.
Routes may vary slightly on the day depending on the weather and ability of the group.
Frequently Asked Questions
How fit do I need to be?
This trip is aimed at regular cyclists looking for a challenge. Each day’s riding is tailored to fit the group’s ability and what you are looking to achieve but is flexible enough to allow a range of abilities to enjoy the rides. There is a vehicle supporting you the whole time, so no matter what your cycling level you will never have to push yourself more than you’re comfortable with – just hop in the van when you’ve had enough!
How many people in a group?
The minimum group size for this trip to run is 6. The maximum group size can be up to 30 – we may have three groups running on the same weekend.
What dates can I join?
Due to popular demand we have a number of dates running for this trip, click the book button to see our latest availability for the following trips:
- October 13th-16th, 2016
- November 3rd-6th, 2016
- March 23rd-26th, 2017
- April 27th-30th, 2017 (Mallorca 312 weekend)
- May 25th-28th, 2017
What happens if there aren’t enough cyclists?
Most our trips sell out fast but in the unlikely event that there aren’t enough riders to make up a group of 6 the trip may not go ahead. We will give you the option to pay more to ensure the trip goes ahead, offer alternative dates, or offer a full refund.
Can I come on my own?
Yes! It’s a great way to meet new like-minded people. You may be sharing a room with another solo traveller. If you want a room all to yourself, there will be a single supplement of £99 to pay.
Can I hire a bike?
Sure thing, we’ll recommend using Pro Bike Hire Mallorca which is opposite the hotel. Bike hire is roughly €20 per day depending on spec.
Can I bring my own bike?
Definitely. You will have access to secure bike storage and a maintenance area in the hotel. You’ll need to organise this separately with your airline. Let us know that you plan to do this when you make your booking.
What’s the weather like?
The weather in Mallorca in is warm all year round. However, in the early months of the year, it can be a bit fresh at the beginning of the day so we recommend that you pack arm and knee warmers and a rain jacket. From April onwards expect blue skies and sunshine unless you are very unlucky.
What’s the food like?
The meals are very cycling friendly, with hot and cold options on a buffet menu – you definitely won’t go hungry!
What are the roads like?
Mallorca is a cycling Mecca, and as such the roads here are superbly well maintained. This trip is designed to explore the very best routes that Mallorca has to offer so you can rest assured no potholes will ruin your weekend!
Which flights should I book?
The two specific flights from London that we’re running transfers for from Palma on Thursday. We are running a 13.00 transfer (to meet the 08.30-11.50 flight from London Gatwick) and a 17.30 transfer (to meet the 13.00-16.20 flight from London Gatwick). It is possible to leave work late Thursday afternoon to minimise time off but transfers will need to be arranged separately. On the return, a transfer will run to meet the 16.55 flight from Palma, getting you back into London Gatwick for 18.25. The hotel is only 35-40 minutes from the airport.
What’s does the price include?
To maximise convenience we include as much as possible in the travel and logistics for the trip, so you just need to turn up and play. In this trip:
- 3-nights accommodation on a half board basis
- Experiences lead cycling host
- Following vehicle support
- Return transfers to Palma airport.
You will need to book your flights, insurance, bike hire (~€20/day) buy lunches and coffee at any local restaurants we stop at along the way each day.
Can I extend the trip to the Monday as well Yes -owing to availability that’s no problem, please enquire if this is of interest for a fresh quote for this.
You will be based in the 4-star Fergus hotel in Puerto Pollenca. A great spot just 5-minutes walk from the beach, bars, and shops.
Fergus Style Pollensa Park Spa was designed to for comfort and relaxation. This hotel is situated in Puerto Pollensa on the North of the island, giving you easy access to local nature, the beach, leisure areas, shops and culture on the shores of the Mediterranean.
Mallorca needs no introduction for cyclists – it is the favoured training spot for pro-riders for a reason. Featuring the iconic Sa Calobra climb this will be a weekend to remember.
From July 1st, 2016 on, the Tax for Sustainable Tourism is levied on all overnight stays in tourist accommodations on the Balearic Islands. Thanks to your contribution, we will be able to make major investments to compensate the territorial and environmental impact of tourism
Sunny, mountainous and smooth roads – the perfect cycling destination year round.
Custom & Private Trips
Organizing a private group? We make it super easy.
– Customized itineraries for private groups, stags/hens or team trips
– Receive a shareable private itinerary to send your group
– Each member can reserve and pay individually
– No more group organizing faff