Mallorca Cycling Terms and conditions
Booking your trip
- To make a booking you must be over 18
- We will acknowledge receipt of your booking by e-mail.
- If you notice any errors regarding your booking on this e-mail, please contact.
- £100 deposit is needed once your cycling camp is confirmed which is non-refundable, full payment will need to be made 12 weeks from your cycling camp, if its with 12 weeks full payment will be needed pay up front.
Cancellation by you
If you wish to cancel your holiday, this needs to be done by email. You will be liable for the following cancellation charges:
- 10 weeks before the departure date you will forfeit your deposit;
- 8 weeks 50% refund of the holiday price will be made;
- Less than 6 weeks before the arrival date no refund will be given
Cancellation by Mallorca Cycling
We may cancel your cycling camp under the following circumstances:
- where circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, for example, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism, poor weather conditions or technical problems arise with transport; and/or
- If the minimum number needed to operate one of our holidays has not been met. We will advise you of this no later than 6 weeks before your trip
- If we cancel in either of the circumstances described above, we will, if possible, offer an alternative holiday or will refund you full payment minus your deposit made which is non-refundable.
To take part in our Cycling Camps you must have adequate insurance:
- Cover for baggage, equipment (including, without limitation and where appropriate, bicycles and helmets intended for your use whether hired or otherwise) medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become too ill to continue with your holiday.
- There is insurance designed for the type of holidays we offer and we recommend you purchase insurance with this type of cover. Any claims concerning matters for which you are insured must be directed to your insurers.
Your Mallorca Cycling Camp
Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you accept:
the risks and hazards of such a cycling camp, including the dangers inherent in cycling either on the road or off the road, the dangers inherent in the other activities included in our other holidays, the dangers of foreign travel, especially to countries that are less developed, are politically unstable or are subject to natural hazards, and any risks that result from (amongst other things) changes of local politics, adverse weather conditions, the poor condition of the highways, border restrictions, terrorism and disease; and
The potential for (amongst other things) delays, alterations, loss or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort.
You should satisfy yourself before booking that you have researched your destination, made an informed decision to travel, and taken all necessary precautions. You can obtain travel advice from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
There is a natural need to be flexible in a holiday of this kind. The day to day agenda and ultimate aim of the cycling camp is taken as an objective and not as a contractual obligation. It is a fundamental condition of booking that you accept this flexibility, and acknowledge that delays and alterations and their subsequent results, such as inconvenience, discomfort, or disappointment, are possible.
On any of our cycling camps it is necessary that you abide by the authority of the leader, who represents the Company, and whose decision is final. Booking with Mallorca Cycling Camps signifies your agreement to this, and if you commit any illegal act when on the cycling camp or if in the reasonable opinion of the leader your behavior is causing or likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others we may terminate your travel arrangements without any liability on our part.
Our responsibility for you on rides starts when we leave our start location and finishes when arrive back at our finish point. If you continue to ride out of these stated times we are longer responsible for any mechanical accidents you may occur.
Any information given by Mallorca Cycling in regard to climate, clothing, special equipment, topography etc. is done so in good faith and must be rechecked by you prior to relying on it.
No refund or compensation will be made or given for any unused hotel accommodation, services or features of the holiday where unused at your discretion or as a result of your action/inaction.
Medical and special requirements
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to complete your chosen Cycling Camp. We reserve the right to require you to produce a doctor’s certificate of fitness to participate in your chosen holiday. If you are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the Cycling Camp you must advise us before booking. If you do not do so, we may cancel your Cycling Camp at any time.
You should inform us immediately if, within 4 weeks prior to your arrival date or during your break, any member of your party has, or develops, an infectious or contagious medical condition. If so, we have the right to:
- refuse to accept your booking;
- cancel your holiday; or
- ask any member of your party to leave immediately, should we, at our reasonable discretion, consider it necessary to protect the health of others.
Your behavior should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive, especially at night. Your behavior must at all times be appropriate to the culture of the country you are visiting. Offensive or illegal behavior will not be tolerated and may result in the police being involved. We do not consider offensive or aggressive behavior or language towards our staff to be acceptable. We may ask you and/or any member of your party to leave immediately if your conduct is considered by us to be inappropriate, likely to cause harm, or impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of your neighbors, other members of your group, staff and the general public, or is likely, in our belief, to breach any terms of our agreement with you. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right not to accept any future bookings from you or any member of your party.
Our liability to you
Nothing in these terms seeks to limit or exclude our liability if something we do or fail to do causes death or personal injury through our negligence or if we cause damage to your property and that cause is our fault. We are also not seeking to exclude or limit our responsibility for loss caused by the services not matching our description of them or our negligent performance of the services.
Other than this liability which we have accepted, we will not be liable for any losses that you suffer as a result of any breach of our agreement except those losses which are reasonably foreseeable to both of us at the time we enter into the contract with you.
We shall not be held liable for any damages caused by the total, or partial failure to provide your if such failure is:
- attributable to you; or
- unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributable to a third party unconnected with us or any of our sub-contractors; or
- as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to strikes, war, civil or political unrest or government action; or
- due to the theft of bicycles or injury as a result of cycling either on or off road and in particular injuries as a result of either inadequately maintained and serviced personal equipment or failure to wear the correct safety equipment most notably cycle helmets, unless demonstrably due to our negligence.
- In addition, since the services are provided to you as a consumer, we cannot accept responsibility for any losses related to any business of yours such as lost data, lost profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill or other business loss that you may incur as a result of any breach of our agreement.
- We will also not be liable for direct damage or loss of any nature caused, or contributed to, by any defect in or failure (whether partial or complete) of any travel services not provided by us, and which we could not reasonably be expected to be responsible for.
- Except for those areas for which we do not seek to exclude liability, our total liability to you is limited to twice the basic tour price per person shown on the invoice.
Any complaints regarding the holiday should be made to the tour leader who will normally take the appropriate action. If at the end of the tour, you feel that your complaint was not dealt with properly and were not satisfied with the response, you must notify us of your complaint in email within 28 days of the actual completion date of the tour. We will try to agree a settlement with you.
Please note that all information given about our Cycling Camps, is intended merely to present a general idea of the holiday. Information is correct to the best of our knowledge.
Safety and Security
Your personal belongings are your own responsibility during your holiday with us. The police have notified us that personal cycles are particularly vulnerable to theft.
Activities which take place out of doors are provided subject to appropriate weather conditions prevailing at the time the activity is to take place.
You must ensure that any activity or facility selected by you or any members of your party is suitable for those who are taking part.
You are required to follow any safety advice provided to you including wearing a cycle helmet when cycling.
Points to consider before booking
You may not bring with you or use any shotgun, knife, firearm, air weapon, archery equipment, fireworks (including sparklers), illegal substances or similar item under any circumstances.
You may not advertise, use, give or resell your holiday or any discount offer associated with it or offer to do so (for profit or otherwise) or use it in connection with a competition, promotion, business and charitable or any other similar venture without our express advance written permission.
Equipment and Accommodation
Each accommodation provider may have its own terms and conditions on which they accept guests, and you agree to abide by these.
You are expected to use the equipment and facilities provided to you with care and to keep them in a clean and tidy condition. We reserve the right to charge you for any extra cleaning, missing items or damage.
If bringing your own equipment on one of our holidays, please ensure that it is adequately maintained and insured. We will take all reasonable care when transporting equipment, however we are not responsible for any damage caused to equipment by a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for, whether such damage is caused during the Cycling Camp or whilst the equipment is in transit.